EVERYONE HAS HAD IT BEFORE. THIS LIGHTLY SCRATCHED THROAT THAT PAINS MORE AND MORE. IT ALL STARTS WITH THIS. IT IS FOLLOWED BY A COUGH, RUNNY NOUSE AND HOARSENESS.
HOW CAN YOU HELP YOURSELF?
THE COMMON COLD – WIDESPREAD DISEASE
Symptoms can occur in any possible combination. Headaches are also known, exhaustion and fatigue. This may lead to a slight fever (body temperature up to 38 ° C) or fever (body temperature above 38 ° C). Forms of therapy are varied and home remedies for colds are innumerable. We studied some fast-acting treatments with tested and real home remedies.
How to get rid of cough, runny nose and hoarseness as quickly as possible?
The vernacular proclaims wisdom: it comes three days, stays three days, and leaves after three days. We are talking about the common cold. That makes a total of nine days. However, if you can handle the first one tingling in the throat, you will experience it only after 24 hours.
SOME COLD THERAPIES BELOW:
- It is best to start the day with a warm bath. Cold viruses are sensitive to the heat. The heat supply raises the body temperature, the mucous membranes are better supplied with blood and thus the reproduction of the virus is suppressed.
- Tea is never wrong with a cold! Also “hot lemon” with the vitamin C helps. Or you can make ginger tea. Contained in ginger glutathione stimulates the functions of white blood cells and thus stimulates the immune system.
- Get some fresh air. By taking a deep breath of fresh air the circulation is intensified and the mucous membranes are moistened, which means that the virus is harder to get there.
- At dinner you can reach for the “spice box”. Capsaicin in hot red pepper makes spices so fiery. The spiciness activates the blood circulation in the mucous membranes, which helps against a stuffy nose for example. Fresh garlic also has this effect and has an antibacterial effect.
- Now is the time to go to bed, because sleep is the best medicine. The body begins to regenerates during sleep. Wrap yourself warmly in bed, for example with fluffy socks and / or a bottle of hot water. In this way, the viruses reheat properly.
- Whole grain muesli with fruit provides the necessary energy in the fight against the approaching cold. In addition, sea buckthorn, such as tea, juice or puree, due to its huge content of vitamin C and other valuable ingredients (e.g., vitamins A, B and E, as well as calcium, iron and magnesium), has an immune strengthening effect.
- Homemade chicken soup is widely known as a “miracle cure” for people with cold. It blocks certain white blood cells in the body that are released when you have cold. Chicken soup also contains cysteine, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-congestive properties action on the mucous membranes. There is also a lot of zinc in the soup.
- You can, for example, take a foot warmer after a walk. You relax, the viruses sweat. After about 20 minutes, rinse your calves and feet with lukewarm water and dry them.
- If you drink hot milk with honey before bed, it is useful not only for pain in throat. Tryptophan contained in milk, the main substance for the formation of serotonin (happiness hormone), makes you feel calmer and fall asleep easier. However, milk does not only contain soothing protein building blocks. But honey counteracts this. It is important to stir the honey only after heating the milk (not more than 40 °), otherwise case it will lose its antibacterial effect.
TIP: TAKE A ZINC SUPPLEMENT. ZINC SHORTEN THE DURATION OF THE COLD.
Don’t just take zinc during a cold. Zinc also strengthens the immune system way can prevent colds or speed up recovery. Colds have always plagued people. Empirical values are reflected in the tested home remedies.
In combination with zinc preparations, the following seven home remedies can do miracles…
7 HOME REMEDIES FOR THE TREATMENT FOR COLD
- Drink more water than usual, e.g., lukewarm water, fruit juices diluted with water or herbal teas, and best sweetened with honey. This liquefies the stubborn mucus.
- You can also suck honey straight. As it has an antibacterial effect, it is very suitable for fighting bacteria in the mouth and throat.
- If you have a sore throat, do it gargle with chamomile tea. Chamomile tea disinfects and helps cure inflammation. Gargling with salt water will also help. 4. Rinses with salt water are suitable for the nose, moisturize dry mucous membranes.
- Garlic! Garlic is a natural antibiotic and is able to fight bacteria and viruses in the body.
- Horseradish contains a lot of vitamin C, has antibacterial and antitussive effect.
- In addition to all these tips, warmth and rest are recommended. Avoid stress. The warm bath (no longer than 20 minutes) relaxes and is useful for you. The use of essential oils also clears the airways and stimulates blood circulation.
QUICK CHECK: COLD OR FLU
Many doctors talk about a flu-like infection. However, this does not mean the flu, but the common cold. The pathogen makes the difference. Unlike the so-called flu viruses, in the case of the flu, the common cold can be caused by many different pathogens. They are usually viruses, but can belong to different virus strains. In total, more than 100 different viruses can be considered to be the causative agents of the common cold.